FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
The CrossFit Open consist of five workouts meant to unite the CrossFit (& SOCF) Community for five weeks. Yes, some people and teams qualify for Regionals, BUT for most of us, the Open is just meant to celebrate our fitness and bring us a little closer as we work together.
We encourage you to register at games.crossfit.com. Every Friday during the Open we will host a “Friday Night Lights” event for athletes to showcase their fitness in front of our amazing community. We also encourage you to bring your family and friends to cheer you on!
The event kicks-off at 5 p.m. on the below dates. The athlete briefing will take place at 5:30 p.m. and the first heat will start at 6 p.m. Food will be provided.
MOBILITY, STABILITY & RECOVERY WORKSHOP
Join us on Saturday, Feb. 23 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. for our Mobility, Stability & Recovery Workshop. Cutting Edge Chiropractic, Peace at Hand Massage Therapy and College Station Physical Therapy and Performance will give us the tools and knowledge to keep our body safe and efficient throughout our day and workouts.
• How muscle imbalances can lead to injuries
• The importance of Crossover Symmetry and how to properly do it
• Protocols on recovery, rehabilitating and the foam roller
• How massage aids in recovery and preventative care
• Importance of healthy soft tissue and adequate circulation of blood and nutrients
• Cupping and its role in self-care and recovery
This free workshop is open to athletes of all levels. Reservations are not required and you must be a Sawed-Off CrossFit member to attend. A huge thank you to 1541 pastries and coffee. They will be providing coffee for our workshop.