Saturday, April 17
TEAM PACKET | Link (PDF)
Saturday, April 17 | 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Both athletes must be present
The mandatory athlete briefing will take place at 7:30 a.m. This will be a quick, concise meeting to go over the flow of the day and address any last-minute questions on movement standards. We will then move to Heat 1 warm-up at 7:40 a.m.
Refer to team packet. These can also be found on Competition Corner.
Refer to team packet team packet for parking, athlete warm-up, line-up, restrooms, spectator area, and athlete/tent village.
Workouts will be released at noon on Wednesday, April 14. Athletes will be emailed descriptions of the workout and videos with standards will be posted to the below platforms.
• Facebook | facebook.com/SawedOffCrossFit
• Instagram | @ComeAndTakeItShowdown
• Competition Corner | Come And Take It Showdown | Powered by Competition Corner ®| Official Site
After the workouts are released, a running question and answer period will be available Wednesday through Friday from noon-5 p.m. on both social media platforms
Athletes will only be able to access this area during their designated heat warm-up time. Please respect other athletes. Coaches will not be allowed in the warm-up area. Once warm-up is complete, athletes will move to line-up. At line-up athletes will be reminded of movement standards and a judge will be able to address last minute concerns.
ATHLETE & TENT VILLAGE
Athletes are responsible for their own tents and chairs. Plenty of space is available and on a first come, first served basis. Please refer to the map. The village will open on Saturday and setup can NOT take place on Friday. You are asked to weight down your tents with sandbags or weights. We also ask that you bring a trash bag to keep your area clean. We have a large dumpster that is available and marked on the map.
FOOD & DRINKS
We encourage you to bring your own food and drinks – no alcohol or glass. A food truck will not be available, but the below items will be on-sale. Cash and card accepted.
• Water, Fit-Aid, Gatorade Zero, and Coffee
• RPM Jump Ropes & Bear Komplex Grips
• Come and Take It Water Bottles
Spectators are allowed at the event at no cost. We will be accepting cash donations for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
All athletes and spectators should stay home if they are sick. Masks are encouraged when social distancing cannot be achieved. Hand sanitizer and handwashing stations (in lobby restrooms) will be available. Thank you for doing your part to help keep our community safe and open.
Competition centered around the attitude and hallmark pride of Texas – “COME AND TAKE IT!” This symbol represents the state’s attitude of resilience and tenacity and closely mirrors the heart of an athlete! Are you ready for battle? Gather your team and see if you are the last one standing!
• Saturday, April 17, 2021
• Sawed-Off CrossFit
• Parking location | Skybreak Church parking lot (4010 Harvey Road)
REGISTER TODAY | SPOTS ARE LIMITED!
• Prizes will be announced on Texas Independence Day
DIVISIONS | 2 PERSON TEAM
• RX | Male/Male & Female/Female
• Scaled | Male/Male & Female/Female
Here is a quick description to help you determine what division to register for. The movements listed in the descriptions are just examples and not limited to just those movements.
• RX: Movement standards look very similar to the CrossFit Open meaning the RX division should be able to perform movements like chest to bar pull-ups, toes to bar, handstand push-ups, double unders, etc. If you can do at least 90% of those movements, go for that division. Athletes should also be able to complete the below movements at the weights listed for multiple reps:
Deadlift – 225/155
Front Squat – 185/135
Clean & Jerk – 155/105
Power Snatch – 135/95
Thruster – 95/65
• Scaled: Athletes that are new to the competition scene or beginners. Needs to do modifications like jumping pull-ups or ring rows, new to Olympic lifting, and needs to modify most of the workouts. Athletes should also be able to complete the below movements at the weights listed for multiple reps:
Deadlift – 155/105
Front Squat – 135/95
Clean & Jerk – 115/75
Power Snatch – 95/65
Thruster – 75/55
FORMAT | 4 WORKOUTS
For each workout, the 1st place finisher will receive one point, 2nd place two points, and so on. Teams will be ranked in order of lowest accumulated points. Points accumulated from all three workouts + floater will determine overall placement.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
• Life on the Brazos by Laura Lea Smith
• The Sleep Station
• Advantage Cooling & Heating
• Greg Myatt- State Farm Agent
• Texas Investor Financing
• College Station Physical Therapy And Performance
• The Active Texan
• The Law Office of Craig M. Greaves
Interested in being a sponsor or vendor? Contact Kim Joiner at email@example.com.