“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill
News and Updates
- As most of y’all have heard, Samuel and Mallory Ortiz experienced a devastating fire and lost almost everything. We want to show our love and support for these two amazing, selfless people. If you feel led to give, please donate to his Venmo account @Samuel-Ortiz82, or at the Wellborn competition on March 6. We want to raise money for them during the Floater WOD, where each partner has one minute each to get max cals on the Ski Erg, and every $10 donated will buy you 1 calorie. Please give Healy or Terrance the donations if you want it to go toward your score.
- Zac Stevenson and Manny Martinez-Arias are the new Nutrition Coaches for our gym, so if you are seeking advice, have questions, want to lose weight, perform better in the gym, or whatever your goals are, you can contact them to get you started on your own unique Nutrition Plan!
- We ordered more Earth Fed protein. The flavors that are available are vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter cup, strawberry, and banana whey and chocolate casein.
- The Sawed-Off vs Wellborn t-shirts are in, please get with Kate to grab your shirt!
- We made it past the first two months of 2020, and we appreciate everyone’s hard work so far. We are so excited to have many new people join the SOCF family, and because of growing class sizes, we would like to start having each member sign themselves in and reserve a class spot ahead of time. This will help us stay more organized and have a plan before class starts to insure everyone is getting a great workout. If you have any comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask one of us. We appreciate all of you, let’s finish the week strong.
- Spring Break starts the day after the competition on March 7 until March 15. We hope everyone has a fun and safe week!
Wellborn CrossFit will be hosting us for the 2nd Annual Coed Partner Throwdown on Friday, March 6. The athlete briefing will be held at 5:45 p.m. and the competition will begin at 6 p.m. Admission is free.
RX and Scaled divisions are available, and teams must contain one male and one female athlete. You must be a member of SOCF to participate. Registration ends Wednesday, March 4. If you need a partner, please write your name and number on the announcement board in the gym.
Last month we retested the infamous Girl WOD “Fran”, and so many of you PR’d your previous time! Whether you increased weight, progressed with your pull-ups, or did this workout for the first time, we are very proud and appreciate all of you putting in your best effort.
An email was sent out a couple weeks ago about signing in for morning childcare. We ask that parents with children 12 months and under reserve an infant childcare spot for the 8:30am class and 9:30am Women’s Only class through Zen Planner. There will be 3 spots available per class each day. This helps us keep everyone safe! Other than that, let’s have a great month!
TO THE MAX!!